About the Department
The Planning and Community Development Department is responsible
for the following functions within the Municipality.
- Integrated Development Planning that includes sector studies,
Land Use Management, Spatial Development and Performance
- Water Services Authority which includes water services
development planning, water services regulations, tariffs and water
services provider management.
- Solid waste and in particular policy making and regulation and
the planning of Regional Sites.
- Municipal Roads (only District)
- Regulation and Planning of passenger transport services.
- Systems development including Geographic Information System and
- Performance Management and Measurement.
- Land and Environment.
- Customer Care.
- Business Plans and Funding Applications.
The accuracy of the information on
this page is not guaranteed nor is it implied. The Zululand
District Municipality accepts no liability against it or its
as a result of the use of the information.